Saturday, March 6, 2010

Joanne Trimmer Carrot Bisque


Joanne Trimmer Carrot Bisque
(Joanne says this soup is a favorite of her whole family.  I can't wait to try it!)

1 onion chopped
1-2 gloves of garlic
1/4 cup of butter
4.5 cups of sliced carrots
1 large sweet potato
1 LARGE leek or a couple of small ones
1 parsnip
3.5 cups of chicken broth (I use water and kosher chicken powder (VEGAN)  - I think it is by carmel - it is magic - I don't know how the soup will taste with just regular chicken broth)
1 cup of a sweet white wine (I used SWEET by Kuhl which is a late harvest Riesling - Any late harvest sweet wine would be fine I am sure)
Freshly ground cracked black pepper
1-1.5 cups of heavy whipping cream

Saute Onion, Garlic and leeks in the butter in a large soup pot. Add chopped parsnip, potato and carrots. Saute for a while and then add wine and chicken broth. Cook for about 30 mins til tender. Cool for 15 mins. Then puree in small batches until completely smooth. Return to soup pot over low heat and add cream -mixing until smooth and uniform in color. 

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment